WELCOME GUEST  |  LOG IN
hamptons dealership, luxury, Southampton
27east.com

127 Comments by davbud

<<  1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  

Stakes Get Higher In Stony Hill Farm Clearing In Amagansett

They were required readings in Law School.
" Sep 8, 19 1:06 PM

They were required readings in Law School.
" Sep 8, 19 1:08 PM

East Hampton To Vote Thursday On Dropping 'The Springs' From Roadside Signs

Unfortunately, our Town Historian must have missed the "Antique Maps of the South Fork" at the Clinton Academy Museum, East Hampton Historical Society. There she would have seen many of the maps of THE SPRINGS from the years 1836, 1844, 1857, 1870, 1873, 1902, 1916 and 1929 that consistently described our hamlet as being "The Springs." David Buda" Oct 19, 19 5:29 PM

According to the first hand account of Chris Harmon, the volunteer craftsman who built and paid for the WELCOME TO THE SPRINGS signs made from clear redwood, they were erected by The Springs Improvement Society only after conducting a careful and deliberative process that included consulting with “all the old-timers, the original born there, died there Bonackers, such as Estelle Hulse, Stewart Vorpahl, Alene Talmage, and Milton Miller, who took the time to bring the maps and take an evening out of their life to be there and help the committee make that decision.” “The old maps tell the tale. It’s always been and always will be The Springs. And the old timers all now gone. [That’s why we] ordered the signs printed that way.” “They were approved by then town supervisor Kathy Lester [1998-1999], and they were installed by Chris Russo, the then Town Highway superintendent.” David Buda" Oct 19, 19 5:45 PM

According to the first hand account of Chris Harmon, the volunteer craftsman who built and paid for the WELCOME TO THE SPRINGS signs made from clear redwood, they were erected by The Springs Improvement Society only after conducting a careful and deliberative process that included consulting with “all the old-timers, the original born there, died there Bonackers, such as Estelle Hulse, Stewart Vorpahl, Alene Talmage, and Milton Miller, who took the time to bring the maps and take an evening out of their life to be there and help the committee make that decision.” “The old maps tell the tale. It’s always been and always will be The Springs. . . . [That’s why we] ordered the signs printed that way.” “They were approved by the town supervisor Kathy Lester [1998-1999], and they were installed by Chris Russo, the Town Highway superintendent.” David Buda" Oct 19, 19 5:49 PM

East Hampton Town Code: "The Springs Historic District contains a mix of nineteenth-century farmhouses, barns, community buildings and commercial buildings in a rural setting."" Oct 19, 19 6:01 PM

East Hampton Town Code: "The Springs Historic District contains a mix of nineteenth-century farmhouses, barns, community buildings and commercial buildings in a rural setting."" Oct 19, 19 6:48 PM

<<  1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5